GRNOG (Greek Network Operators Group) is a community of professionals that are involved in the design, implementation, provisioning and operation of Greek Internet services, networks and infrastructure. It is an informal group of people with no legal substance currently.
What data do we collect?
- During member/event registration, name, email, company name (optional), professional affiliation (optional)
- During meetings and events, pictures and video recordings
How do we collect your data?
- You directly provide GRNOG your data via registration as a member or registration to our technical meeting events.
- Pictures and video streaming are taken during the technical events for promotion purposes and the archive of presentations.
How will we use your data?
GRNOG collects your data for the main purposes of:
- Allowing members to introduce and communicate with each other
- Maintaining a mailing list for members’ discussions
- Organizing technical meetings and conferences
When you register as a member:
- Your name and email may appear on the private area of GRNOG website so that it will be accessible by other members or the board who want to contact you
- Your email is added to the members discussion mailing list
- The GRNOG board may contact you for any business relating GRNOG
When you attend meetings (as a member or guest):
- name , company and professional affiliation appears on the web page of the meeting (eg participants, presenters, minutes, archives etc)
- name, company and professional affiliation appears on name tags
- The events are live streamed and recorded. Recording and pictures of the audience during meetings and social may appear on GRNOG web site or social media
When you use our site, mailing list and tools
All of our tools are hosted by third party providers, eg the Global NOG Alliance (web site, mailing list, user management etc) and eventbrite (event registration). Some infrastructure (eg email alias, DNS) is hosted at GRNET. Please check the privacy notice of each of those providers to see what data are processed by them.
How do we store your data?
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request GRNOG for copies of your personal data. We will give this on best effort basis.
The right to rectification – You can self provision any of your personal information you believe is inaccurate.
The right to erasure – You can delete your account on the GRNOG platform.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that GRNOG restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. Please bear in mind that this causes administrative overhead and the group works as a volunteer effort.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to GRNOG’s processing of your personal data (eg photos / recordings during events).
The right to data portability – You have the right to request a copy of your data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the board using the email: board AT grnog DOT gr.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
How to contact us
If you have any questions, send an email to the GRNOG board (board AT grnog DOT gr)